The majority of people infected with this virus have no symptoms. However, in some cases, it is important to consult:
- When the lesion does not heal,
- When there is frequent recurrence,
- If there is pain or fever,
- If the eyes become sensitive to light, which is a sign that the infection has reached them or
- If the nose becomes numb, following a push on the upper lip.
Even if no medicine eliminates the herpes virus, the dentist can still prescribe antiviral ointments or tablets to relieve symptoms and reduce the duration and frequency of recurrences.